Struggle To Curb Procrastination

procrastination, time wasting

Struggle To Curb Procrastination

Many are guilty of doing nothing about procrastination, but everyone knows what it's like to be plagued by procrastination.

Who hasn't sat down to work on a project, but found themselves reading tweets, playing Candy Crush, or shopping for shoes online?

It can be hard for all of us to stay productive sometimes, especially when something more interesting or exciting comes along.

Procrastination meaning?

Procrastination is  a very bad habit that makes you forget a lot of work, duties, and important events. 

There is no universal definition of procrastination, but we often struggle with it.

Procrastination.

You may have heard of it, or maybe you know it quite well.

It's a powerful excuse for putting off any real work.

So what exactly is procrastination?

Basically it's the art of inventing excuses to avoid doing the work that needs to be done.

It's basically just an excuse for laziness.

I know it is not an easy task to stay focused on the tasks we should be completing.

Most of the time, it is caused by stress, fear and anxiety. 

In other cases, it is caused by a lack of energy or concentration.

I struggle too!

My brain is awesome, at least that's what I told myself for almost a decade, but the truth is my brain was the cause of all my misery and I was fooling myself that I had it all together.

So what was my problem?

When I say that, my problem was procrastination.

I am the type of person who struggles to curb procrastination.

It's a daily fight for me.

I remember the first time I turned up at university, I was full of optimism and excitement.

The first day seemed to go well, like most students my age I struggled to find my feet but I was determined to leave my mark at this proud establishment.

However, I found it getting harder and harder to get out of bed in the morning within a few weeks — this quickly led to a downward spiral of negative thoughts and emotions alongside with procrastination and distractions, meant that I quickly dropped a year behind my colleagues.

Not only I procrastinate when I'm supposed to be working, but my neglectfulness has also caused me to procrastinate on much significant life goals.

As bad as it is, I'm not alone.

Most people procrastinate at some point.

Procrastination is a vicious cycle; we put things off, and then when we come around to completing them, we're not in the right frame of mind.

Procrastination is a struggle for many people.

Whether it's schoolwork, sports, or cleaning the house, we all postpone it later and  do what we don't do in the end.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of procrastination, and I know how easy it is to feel defeated by this.

However, there are many ways that you can beat procrastination.

Not only will you be able to get more work done, but you'll also feel confident in your ability to tackle the things that you need to do.

One of the hardest things to do, when starting a new project, is to actually get started.

It's like having an annoying voice in your head constantly telling you to procrastinate.

After all, it wouldn't hurt to put off this thing you're supposed to be working on for only another ten or fifteen minutes.

Without even realizing it, though, we waste hours and even entire days doing nothing at all.

The trick is making sure the voice doesn't win.


Time wasting, procrastinating

The Struggle is Real

So real, in fact, that nearly half of students admitted to College Magazine that they often put school off until the last minute.

We procrastinate for any number of reasons.

Maybe we don't know how to start the paper or essay.

Maybe we doubt ourselves and worry that our work won't be good enough for our teachers, colleagues, and friends.

Procrastination always shows its ugly head at the worst possible moment: when you're already stressed out and anxiety levels are already through the roof.

We know what needs to be done, but we just can't seem to get it done.

That glass of wine seems more and more appealing by the minute until we forget about our work for the day and call it a night.

We drag ourselves back to work excited for the next day only to repeat the vicious cycle again.

The problem is that one more day of procrastination can turn into weeks or even months.

I'm not a psychologist, but procrastination seems to be rooted in the fear of failure. 

There's this constant voice in you telling you that nothing will be good enough and you should just stop before things get bad.

Conclusion

Procrastination is one of the most common issues that most people face at some point in their lives.

In fact, it can result in a lack of motivation and a feeling of helplessness.

Sometimes you just feel like you can't work.

Whether it's because you don't feel motivated or you're just feeling overwhelmed, we've all felt unproductive at some point in our lives.

Procrastination is the art of putting off important tasks in favor of less essential ones.

They say procrastination is the thief of time, but I found it's rather that anxiety and worries steal our focus.

Post a Comment

0 Comments